Monday, August 8, 2011

Welcome to Austin, the current temperature is 104

Okay, so I did arrive in Austin this afternoon after a flight that was pretty calm.  Maybe a first.  The woman to my left was Chinese and did not speak English though a young, thoughtful young lady with lots of pink accessories.  The man to my right was flying in from his telecommute home in Alameda for some sort of meeting.  He had an accent.  Who was he anyway?

I feel lucky to be alive but I always do after an airplane ride.  Jeez.  How do those flight crew folks do it?  I deplaned as they say and walking down the jet bridge towards the Austin terminal and the heat set upon us like a torch.  I did think of 9/11 and the people that died that day. 

We drove by my niece's gym which is way, way slick and makes ours look like a boat in dry dock.  Wow, talk about a great place to actually find a personal trainer who can show you some things.  Onward we went to the mother ship store for Whole Foods.  This is an amazing store with a cupcake, nut and taco bar to name a few.  It gleams like a remarkable jewel in the sun in this magnificent city. I am holding my own at 82 applications for WF.

Touchdown and tomorrow will be a cooler few degrees but still triple digits.  Good night from the lone star state ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE austin! give it my regards and have a blast.

    warmly, your fans, aunt ruth and honey

    ReplyDelete