Friday, August 26, 2011

Not A Laughing Matter

I haven't felt like writing much this week and my writing seems very flat and lifeless to me.  Regardless of the bent of our economy and our lives, one has to survive.  It is just that sometimes, whatever you do, nothing works.  First they tell you "it isn't what you do but who you know."  Then they tell you you have to be able to stand out, market yourself, become a dancing carrot too if need be.  The rules keep changing and it just made me feel defeated this week.  I paid more attention to that feeling this week than I should have and I did my best to stay afloat. What about you?

Today, I applied for a job at the State Of California and a department store.  The department store job may start as early as 4 AM and I would do it just to move from this spot of earth that is as dull as a kitchen knife.  Who knows.  Actually, a friend whose friend had a job opening up told me, when I asked her why her friend had not replied to my resume, "We can't know some things."  That is such a helpful thing to tell me. Thank you so much for your help.

Replying to a resume was once a given and considered good business practices.  However, it seems with our advanced devices that seem to rule our world, we have become incredibly rude.  I guess there are some things we can't know. 

Tonight, we are going to see some comedy and I can sure use some laughing out loud right about now.  Kathleen Madigan is brilliant, funny, bawdy, truthful and honest about our not-so-funny state of affairs.  I am looking forward to getting out of my head because the inside of my brain is not a laughing matter.

                                                    http://www.kathleenmadigan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment