Monday, July 18, 2011

The Promise of the Day

I am up early today to help my girl get to her medical procedure, and I stepped outside as I always do.  I look toward Annadel where the sun comes up every day.  The birds are all a dither and having  songs and twittering and bird stuff to say.  It is the delicate part of the day where my life holds a promise of things to come.  Right then, Texas was there in my morning.  My family lives in Texas and I miss them every day.  It is very different there, though Austin is a very special place in Texas.  It is hot there right now-over a hundred every day.  I don't know if the sun comes up golden and new and full of promise there and yet my heart is there seeking its home. 

Austin has lots of jobs unlike what seems to be here to greet me on Monday morning.  Maybe I should restate that.  There are jobs here and I do not get responses and/or I do not get the attention I know is true to my character and my values.  I am not valued in the manner to which I know I work.  I am a focused maniac with a task and no employer seems to be moved by my suggestion of that level of enthusiasm.  They want something else and they are keeping it a secret. 

And so today begins, slowly at first, with the horizon beginning to pull back into the cool, clear morning here in Sonoma County and my hometown.  It is going to be an extraordinarily beautiful day and the promise is there, in the wings, waiting for all of us.  Let the day begin anew and may it hold special treats for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment