Monday, July 18, 2011

Not exactly the New Yorker....

Home now and the girlfriend is tucked in bed for a nap, post op. 

I just checked my email as I go off to the not-so-great Internet highway to look for work.  Two new rejection emails from WF and one for tasks I easily and wholeheartedly perform at the Food Bank.  I did receive a call from them for the second job and the caller asked several questions which I appear not to have answered sufficiently enough to warrant an interview.  In fact, the caller laughed when I said that, at the time, I had applied 76 times. 

What was so funny about that?  Was it that I am so gullible to think that I shall ever have a chance with the sorority?  Was it that anyone that tenacious has got to be really, really stupid?  Ah, she has no clue.  No clue about me.  Actually, an employer that allows for a website that registers multiple applications for which they never respond to that kind of veracity has something missing.  What is that missing thing(s)?  You decide and be sure to let them know next time you spend $45 on a bag of groceries.  Maybe they will laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment