Friday, September 2, 2011

Dog Man Doody

I was so relieved today when the Vet. left me a message on my break at a volunteer stint at my favorite food bank, that my dog Jade made it through his surgery really well.  I was tense all day since I dropped him off.  He gets so very scared and his legs shake and he pants and tries to leave the Vet. lobby.  He is a big guy-80 something pounds on a good day. He is home now and sleeping it off.  We won't know about the pathology of his lump until next week.  First things first and howdy.

Jade seems to be getting very skinny and frail and yet he is the most stoic, gentle, human-like Greyhound in our small house.  I am grateful to a very wonderful Veterinarian who knows these dogs and is not only a dog person, but also a people person.  Dr. Nicole Canon rules.

And so I shall leave it at that tonight having had a day full of surprises and joy, relief and gratitude for the simplest act of getting my dog man doody home safe and sound today.  Thank you for his safe return.

No comments:

Post a Comment