Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cooties

Some virus came to visit while I wasn't looking and I have spent the afternoon padding around the house.  It takes some kind of "bug" to make me see that I am constantly moving around and I know that is part of my lean state.  Ah, that and running, swimming, hiking, volunteering and walking the dogs. 

I am reminded of the Cootie game that my sweet Aunt had at her house for me.  They were weird things to build and she had a whole shelf of stuff for me to play with when I came for the summer in Fresno.  I remember those summers with great memories of my Aunt who was 4'11" and tough as nails.  My mother called her the "iron fist in the velvet glove" and that just about sums it up.  She was an amazingly strong woman like the women in my family.  Small and mighty.

I am going off to rest and watch a bad movie and drink tea and hope that tomorrow the sun will come up and dawn on a cootie-free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment