Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Unfavorable mention and the Flying Wallendas

To the world, I add the list of potential employers who could not either see past the past or even respond to an application with a nay.  This is more common than the rest of you who pack your lunch in the morning understand.  Respect?  Our time and efforts do not even put a dent in the fender.  Is it age discrimination or is it that no one really cares about the worker they seek?  Caring means one has manners and endeavors to respond with a polite "no thank you" or "we chose another" prettier than you.  Deal.  Okay, we do deal.  We do that every day and fluff our auras and believe in ourselves even though you cannot even tell us no after our applications, emails, questions and efforts.  Our time.  It seems like your time is the ultimate.  Kind of arrogant isn't it?  So, my dream job-Community Market who cannot seem to hire someone over 50-Oliver's Market-no 3 AM is not an "early morning shift" but actually the middle of the night!-Trader Joe's-County of Sonoma Park and Recreation Department-City of Rohnert Park-Whole Foods, all five stores and counting-Kaiser Permanente-RCHC-Central Animal Hospital-Imwalle's-Andy's Produce-a multitude of Craigslist employers who never identify themselves and to whom I have applied and never, ever heard from, a multitude of employers, albeit left wing, on the WACCObb list to whom I have applied and never, ever heard from-Exchange Bank, Home Depot, Small Animal Hospital of Cotati, FedEx, King's Nursery, Taylor Maid Coffee, Alvarado Street, Traditional Medicinals, Harmony Farm Supply, Sonoma County Farm Trails, DAAC, Sonoma State University and the Sonoma County Fair 2011 just to name a few.  Have I been busy?  Yes I ....have! My thoughts unnaturally turn to the Flying Wallendas and their amazing feet of relying upon one another.  All of them depend upon the connection they have and each one must respect and admire and of course, depend upon, the power and skill of the other Wallendas.  And so it is that I dream of someone we shall call "Peter" who realizes that I am just the right Wallenda to put on the pyramid.  I never stop thinking of my place in the balance and all who make up the team.  I am a Wallenda through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment