Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Power of 8

Beginnings and endings can be awkward dalliances into places where we fear, retreat or come forward, posture, relish and connect right here at the heart.  I have been just that fortunate over the last eight weeks.  Eight women who came together every Thursday.  We did not know one another before we stepped into that room. 

And so was it that awe inspiring because it was a short time together and we had nothing to lose?  Was it that we were exactly the right mixture of heart, age, angst and tenacity?  Was it simply the way groups function in those eight weeks?  I think not. 

Our stories, all so diverse, yet painfully woven, came together in that room this Summer.  Grief, divorce, illness, confusion, unemployment, loneliness, regret and aspirations.  We spoke the truth of our lives in many voices and it was ours to bear, ours to hold delicately and ours to brandish like a bloody sword. 

I feel blessed to have shared some of my deepest wounds and my most fervent dreams with such wonderful, stalwart, strong, strong women. Thank you so much for being right there, right then. I carry you with me wherever I go drawing upon your great faces, your great strengths and your great sense of valor and honesty.  I bless you all for the gift you so generously bestowed upon me.  I am awestruck by your brilliance.  Shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment