Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Sea Inside Us

We went to the ocean today and it was shrouded with Jack The Ripper in London fog right at the water's edge.  Strange. The walk up Salmon Creek Beach was grey and lacking the bright blue just on the other side of the highway.  We walked and watched little sandpipers hustle across the wet sand with such rapidity that you could barely see their bird legs move.  The surf was way up and tumultuous and we walked on.  Families gathered regardless of the lack of sun and it was warm on this mid-September day.

My family have flown from Texas to Hawaii in the last few days for a vacation and a wedding.  Photos show that incredible place on the earth that photos don't even do justice to and I dream of a day when I can body board in the warm water of the ocean, exercising some hard earned vacation time and reflect upon the sky that mirrors the sea that mirrors the sky.

I imagine, one day, maybe in a year, floating on my back in the Hawaiian sea and turning my thoughts towards the sea inside us, turbulent and calm, powder blue and grey, tropical and northern California rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment