Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dry As A Death Valley Boneyard

Lately I have been wondering if the parched desert that I am experiencing is the result of bad choices or just what fate has in store.  It seems like the road stretches out to the horizon and I have lost the pathos to follow my muse.  In fact, writing here seems to have lost its luster too and maybe I just have nothing left to say.

We went to a fundraiser Halloween dance last night after driving for 30 minutes to get there only to be met by a pathetic turnout and worse techno music to make a person want to sit several sets out against the wall.  For me, it confirms the idea that we are living in the wrong town with a non-existent community or a faux  community.  Does Austin look different?  How will I ever know?  I am bored to the bottom of my lonely heart's club band uniform.

I watch the finches feed from the bird seed dish getting ready for winter and hope we find something fun to do today.  Somewhere a small woman with short, greying hair is living my life.  Sins of the mother visited upon the children or something like that.  Or....maybe just another time, another place.

No comments:

Post a Comment