Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lara Croft Did Not Have To Use A Leaf Blower

Thinking back on Friday's assignment of packing the leaf blower(about 40 lbs worth) around the campus blowing the few leaves that had fallen while Mr. Big criticized my efforts or stood there watching me seems like a comedy routine. These machines are obnoxious at best and toxic at the very least. Former gardeners used rakes and brooms and now there is a leaf blower that is used to "blow the campus."

Besides ear protection and a mask because of the toxic fumes from the sputtering, blue smoke emanating machine, there is the sheer weight of such a contraption. This lovely maintenance tool is the the epiphany of neanderthals working as gardeners and is now a sign of status where I work. Not much to aspire to in my book and yes, I can do it, and no I don't need supervision.

Given the ridiculousness of Mr. Big following me around claiming I needed to be supervised, I imagined Lara Croft dipping her eyes to give him the stink eye and then walk off leaving him to feel a fool. I know however that Ms. Croft has gardeners and that she never has to use a leaf blower.

No comments:

Post a Comment