Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Frog's Eye View Of The World

Tying up loose ends before I fly the unfriendly skies in a few days, I spent time with a friend who is about to have surgery.  We are both exiting this world briefly on Monday and I miss spending more time with her.  She is a very, very smart woman who works for the government.  A lucky girl too, life gave her an amazing brain.  She is one of those Mensa types though she would never be so pretentious as to attend cocktail parties for the huge intellect set.  She is a smart woman with lots of feelings and we find ways to laugh together.

Today we moved her dwarf African frog homeward so she could float in her tank at the homestead while my friend recuperates.  It made me wonder what it is like to be a small frog in a glass tank with a personal rock and food floating down through the water occasionally.  Would it be simpler than this life? What do frogs think we both wondered.

Her webbed back feet splayed in the water as she hung near the surface compelled me to wonder what a frog's eye view of this world looks like.  I hope she is, at least, carefree in her frog thoughts unlike the rest of us sizing up our relationships, our jobs and our future.  Let's just get past the surgery and a Monday flight to Texas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment