Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lame is a nice word for what Washington is cooking

In the morning, while I am beginning to come into the day's timezone, I listen to a brief bit of news.  Always the jobless benefits spiel about how many or how little unemployed people applied for help.  Well, we need help but not like that.  To me, whether the number of folks applying for jobless benefits ebbs or flows forward is not any kind of indicator to judge how many or just how it is for us.  The world is a lame place if you are out of good job. I could write about our own local JobLink but I will save that for today.

I read in the New York Times that President Obama is going to really concentrate on creating more jobs.  Oh give me a break.  Doesn't every politician say this?  It is like the word sustainable.  It is everywhere though none of it is happening.  I feel cranky about the lack of genuine concern for how our economic Armageddon has turned into a soundbite.  It is so lame to simply say the words without any intention behind it or a true understanding of what it is like to wake up unemployed. 

It is just so lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment