Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My Omi 6/3/04-9/10/13


My dog,
 my self.
I greet your death with shock and remorse
 for all that I shall not live without you,
My wild, untamed Greyhound,
 quirky, joyful, disobedient, fierce, loving and
 sorrowful.
May we find a way to move forward and embrace
 our sorrow in this gap
where once you made us whole.
You were the light that shined here through the dark
 days of this interminable year,
your affinity for any kind of chip,
dog cookies,
"the snake",
frantic end over ends in the living room,
helicopter tail wagging,
dark, Cleopatra eyes,
sleeping,
upsidedownandbackwards Omifying,
in and out of the dog door revelry,
sleeping outside on your Limburger cheese bed,
sleeping outside in the dirt,
talking and complaining in your misunderstood language,
scratching and
sultry eye melting when we massaged you.
My dog,
 my self-
how shall I find peace without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment