Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rollerskating In The Driveway Of Life


My oldest sister told me that the day I was brought home from the hospital, after I arrived on planet Earth, she was rollerskating in the driveway.  I love that image as I feel that my sisters are such amazing people.  As today is my birthday, I am thinking of my family.  I am very fortunate to have such heroes that came before me.  My sisters have been right there for me many, many times and though we are survivors of very troubled childhoods, we have accepted and loved one another through troubled times.

I went to work today and I am also very lucky to be employed.  With unemployment at 11% in CA, I can say I am lucky to be working and very grateful to my employers and to my stalwart, fun, patient and hard working co-workers.  This afternoon they all hid in the office and I was beckoned there to receive their Happy Birthday song, a great card and ice cream cake.  I cried at their kind, thoughtful and generous love.  I am very fortunate and I know that every day because there has been such a drought before Prickett's Nursery gave me a chance.  Thank you David and Deanna.

I am deeply touched by this spot in life and I want to pass on the love I have been receiving and I hope that, even in troubled times, I give to others as I have been so freely blessed.  To my family in Texas and my new family in New York, and my wonderful partner, I send you love and cake and let us meet up in the driveway for some rollicking rollerskating!

No comments:

Post a Comment