Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Start Spreadin' The News

We are flying to New York tomorrow to see my partner's sister and her family, and to get married.  Since our home state, the lovely but retarded California, made same sex marriage a no-no, we are flying off to find the people who are willing to challenge their assumptions and do the right thing.

For me, I am so glad that it is somewhere else, somewhere they had to deal with jets flying into buildings, somewhere people from Europe came on ships to start new lives, somewhere they don't take anyone's crap but somewhere that they also feel passionately.

For me, California is all I have ever known and it is beautiful here.  Northern California especially and we all know it.  However, the state taxes are killing us and they are about to increase.  Living here has become a place I want to leave because affording it fuels stress that is endless.  I am sick of my home state saying I don't count because I am a minority class of humans.  Not even.

So, Frank Sinatra has been singing in my head this week as we get ready to travel to NY and I hope that my fear of flying and adventuring out into the world is met with the kind of joy that committing further to the one I love can only bring.  We shall make "a whole new start of it" and thank you for that, New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment