Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Purty

My brother-in-law sent me this youtube link today and I started my job search this morning with something moving and cried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3Utn4mjeg&feature=player_embedded

I cannot help but notice that the audience rose as my emotions did while watching and listening and I think I know why too.  All of us judged the young couple by how they looked before we had a chance to find out how stupid we all are for doing the same thing at once. 

We all heard something incredible from someone we had decided could not be successful or brilliant or just plain incredible because of how they look.  And we were all astonished as they proved us totally wrong.  I love that. I just love that. I think we love the irony that the voice behind the image brings to us because each one of us feels left behind because of the judgements of others.  Almost all of us know what that feels like and stomping on that assumption is a glorious victory.

So if you are too purty to relate, you don't have to listen.  Or  you can wonder what it is like to be stigmatized and still sing with the kind of fury that some kind of divine gift brings into the room. Paybacks are a you-know-what.

No comments:

Post a Comment